plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have a 2 part question, 1 - do beneficiaries have to paid

Hi i have a 2 part question
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 1 - do beneficiaries have to paid in a certain order after all debts settled etc. For eg 5 beneficiaries due amounts of 1 x 4000 2 x 2000 1 x 1000 ....csn they be paid in sny order or greatest 1st etc
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: 2 - is it unusual that several of the beneficiaries have received their money but not the other? Thanks
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This will be welsh law

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

In response to your two questions:

1. There is no specified order in which beneficiaries should be paid

2. Yes this is slightly unusual, as once the estate is ready to be settled all could be paid at the same time.

Are any of the beneficiaries under 18/ 21?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you that helps before i go at them.

No all beneficiaries are over 21 but this is the latest in a very trying case that has already seen siblings trying to fraudulently claim my husbabds part of the life insurance policy of his mother. That was resolved but sincr tge syart it appears the solicitor has been aiding the sibling.

My pleasure. Kind regards.