INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am in trouble now. I am from china and have been UK since

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am in trouble now. I am from china and have been UK since 1,Feb, this year. I bought a car but when I bought my insurance for car, my name on the policy was my English name, and I don't know the policy here, I thought the insurance is for the car, if the information for the car is correct, there won't be any problem. Also when I bought the insurance, I applied my Chinese driving license together, on which is my Chinese name. But the insurance company didn't tell me it was not correct.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: And I bought the insurance on 5 March, and when I drove my car out on 23, March, I was stopped by a police car because I didn't know the way and my driving speed was slow, which should be attract attention of the police, and when they check my insurance, they found the name difference between policy and ID card. When they asked the insurance company about it, they said the insurance was invalid. I have to change the name on the policy, and the police seized my car. After that, I called the insurance company to change the name, they said ok, it is easy. But the next day, they didn't change, I called them to ask them be sure to change it asap, and the customer service advised me to cancel their policy and bought another one, because he told me it would be quicker. But he didn't explain to me when my car is pounded in police station, no one could offer me insurance any more. I didn't know anything about it and then followed their advice. but when I took my new insurance policy to the police station to get my car back, the police said she had to ask the insurance company if the policy covered the impounded cars. I was faint when the insurance company said they don't. What has happened to me? I had to buy another one and again when I went back to the police, the insurance didn't cover the impounded car. after that, I inquired a lot of companies and when they got to know I'm not citizen here, they said sorry. By then, I found I was cheated by my first insurance company. And in such situation, I couldn't get my car back any more.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Sorry, I am in Cambridge now. Yes, I do want to be in court I think they make me not only economy loss but also mental shock.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to get an fair answer from the court. I didn't break law. I was driving normally when the police stopped me.

Thank you for your query. have you filed a formal complaint with the insurance company?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No,I haven't. I wrote several emails to their claim service, they did not anwer yet
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I need to know if I have fully evidence to file the lawsuit,thank you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
If you make me sure,I could pay. But I don't want to risk anymore since I have lost a lot

It sounds like younhave a claim against the insurers. I would suggest that to7 first ile a formal complaint with the insurance company. If you do not get a satisfactory response, you will have to escalate the complaint to the Financial Conduct Authority. Further details oh how to complain can be found at the following link: https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/how-complain

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you very much. How to get a formal complaint? By mailing them a letter? Or online?

You would complain using the insurance company complaints procedure. You should be able to find this on their website.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry, I could not pay now, but I would pay later maybe I need yous more help.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback. If you do not, I do not get credit for my time.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
You are nice and excellent and I know maybe my case is not big enough for an expert like you, but for me it is a big trouble, I really want to solve it with your help. So please advise me how to make a formal complaint. Could you help me to compose one? I will pay of course. Thank you

Details of how to make a formal complaint can be found on the insurance company website.

I am happy to help, but this would be a service outside of the Just Answer site. I would have to do the work through my firm as the just answer site is just a chat service.

If you can send further details to my email, I can review and let you know if Incan assist any further.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you, my email address is [email protected]

Email sent