INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am classed as a key worker. I have Parkinsons disease. I

I am classed as a key worker. I have Parkinsons disease. I work in a office. I have asked to work from home or to work evenings so that I have no contact with anyone. My boss said no. My 8 year old is at school so I am working 9.30 to 2.15 instead of my normal hours which are 9-30 to 5. where do I stand please ?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: The boss is my manager and we don't have an HR department. There are only 10 of us employed.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee. no union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: worked there 10 years. we have 2 self employed drivers with confirmed coronavirus

Thank you for your query. If you are classed as a key workerx ai am afraid you would be permitted to go to work. If you feel as you should be self isolating, you can ask your employer for unpaid leave during this period. If you choose this option, you should be entitled to claim the 80% being offered by the Govt.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.