How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14654
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

My partner is being harrassed by a neighbour, He is going

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My partner is being harrassed by a neighbour, He is going onto her proprety, shouting abuse, giving letters to her visitors etc. He has a suspended sentence and a restarining order on him from another neighbour. She has reported it to The police. Can she get a restarining order against him?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Eastbourne
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thats it


Thank you for your query. In short, yes she can obtain a restraining order against him. She should contact the Police to take this further.

Alternatively, she can make an application to her local county court for a General Form Injunction.

This would state the neighbour cannot contact or harass her or come within a certain distance. If the neighbour breaches it, he would be arrested for contempt of court.

Details of how to apply for a General Form Injunction can be found at the following link:

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

INC Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you