INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My partner is being harrassed by a neighbour, He is going

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My partner is being harrassed by a neighbour, He is going onto her proprety, shouting abuse, giving letters to her visitors etc. He has a suspended sentence and a restarining order on him from another neighbour. She has reported it to The police. Can she get a restarining order against him?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Eastbourne
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thats it

Thank you for your query. In short, yes she can obtain a restraining order against him. She should contact the Police to take this further.

Alternatively, she can make an application to her local county court for a General Form Injunction.

This would state the neighbour cannot contact or harass her or come within a certain distance. If the neighbour breaches it, he would be arrested for contempt of court.

Details of how to apply for a General Form Injunction can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n16a-application-for-injunction-general-form

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.