F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I lent £25.000 to my son he paid 3 payments and stopped. As

I lent £25.000 to my son he paid 3 payments and stopped. As I had a stroke on the 3rd month I didnt pursue payments. Son had major accident in May I said I'd wait till he got compensation.. lies were told in court Feb 10th 2020. I lost at 78years old I am now £19.000 down. I have since found out sons marriage is finished and his wife Lyn said it was a loan. As it was loaned to me son as an assurance on Lyn his wife's house. As I only had one verbal witness and he was not too strong in his replies. I have been advised to cancel the £8.000 check as if I'm going for an appeal . What do I do. Please.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I need advise on the ongoing situation I spoke about. England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have put to courts for time to pay. There will be a hold up at the moment I understand that.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son was going to put an order on my home if I didnt pay in full £13.000 his costs. I did transfer £10.000 £10.000. £5.000. By electronic transfer. His name and my name on the transfer written as a loan. Anita.. thank you.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

I need some clarification here -

you loaned £25k to your son - is this correct?

did you at the time say it was a loan and you wanted repayment?

why are you now owing money?

who to? for what?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I lent 25k to son. I told him it was a loan and to pay interest of £50.00 month till he had a good month and pay what he could til money was paid. It was done on electronic transfer as a loan. 10k 10k ,5k. Done in 3 statements to show loan. I met his wife with son, to be and told her that it was a loan at the time. I owe money as I went to court and lost as he had a barrister. A solicitor . And a litigator. So it added up to13k. As I lost. I have sent 10k but friends saI should stop last check of 8k as I have applied to courts for time to pay.
As I have since seen his wife who threw my son out a year ago she said she will stand in court and say it was a loan, also the my son had told her when he got his payment of210.000k he would pay me back my 25.000k.