LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

I am a dental nurse, am I entitled to 80% pay introduced by

I am a dental nurse , am I entitled to 80% pay introduced by government?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: wiltshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: non
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i finished my job on 25 of March, I supposed to start my new position on the 31 of March but it has been postponed due to the current situation

I will be assisting you.

If your employer intends to access the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, they will discuss with you becoming classified as a furloughed worker. This would mean that you are kept on your employer’s payroll, rather than being laid off.

To qualify for this scheme, you should not undertake work for them while you are furloughed. This will allow your employer to claim a grant of up to 80% of your wage for all employment costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month.

Does that clarify your query?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I left my job n 25th March and was due to start at a new practice on the 31st March. The new practice have postponed my start date due to current situation therefore I am no longer emloyed by anyone, what are my options?

Did you read what I posted above?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don’t have the money to pay for phone call I would rather speak online

Don't worry about the phone call. It's automated and I didn't request it.

Whether you are currently in or out of work, if you are on a low income and affected by the economic impacts of COVID-19, you will be able to access the full range of the welfare system, including Universal Credit.

Please see below on how you can claim benefits during this period:

https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/

Is there anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it seems I am not entitled to that scheme, therefore what are my options?

You need to discuss this with your new employer so that they can claim this grant.

Send the link provided to your employer and discuss this with them.

Is that clear on what you need to do?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But they have postponed my start date and no contract signed, I spoke to my employer yesterday about putting me on payroll so that I am entitled to the grant or at least ssp, they then said my previous employer should be able to do it as I was on there payroll on 28th feb, but that previous employer are saying no as well
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Excuse me, are you there?

I am still here. Please note this is not a chat service and my responses may be delayed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I am waiting

You can discuss with your current employer about extending your notice period, even if you still intend on leaving.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have already left, can’t extend it

This is a question you will need to post for an employment expert which is easy to do. Your initial query was regarding Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme which has been answered.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you have any recommendations regarding employment expert?

You can post a new question on the site asking the question regarding your employment status specifically. It's easy to do and I am sure another colleague will pick it up immediately.

Please confirm?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I can’t afford £44

Ignore the phone call request. It is automated by the website and I did not request this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don’t need to pay any extra?

For?

Please could you confirm that your first query posted has been answered regarding the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.

I am happy to help you with your follow up question to make things easier, but please confirm the above.

Are you still there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank hou

As you have not signed a contract, you are limited in your options with your new employer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what can I do instead

You should contact your previous employer to see if they will take you back during this interim period.

If not, you may wish to look into obtaining benefits such as Universal credit during this time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Anyway thank you for your help you have been very helpful

It's a pleasure.

All the best.