How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 611
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

I am a nurse presciber and on 28/02/2020 I apply for a

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am a nurse presciber and on 28/02/2020 I apply for a course and pay To Harley Academy
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Brent-Cricklewood London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The course was on 24/03/2020 They cancel that course I call them and wrote to them to refund my money
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all thank you

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

UK Solicitor John and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Hello good speaking with you and providing a follow up advice. As mentioned this satisfies the small claims court.


What you need to do is write them a formal “Letter Before Action”. In this letter you will need to state the amount you are seeking to recover and the reasons why. You will also need to give them a deadline to raise the payment by, usually it is 14 days in which to receive payment.


If payment is not received within 14 days, then you will need to issue a claim against them in the small claims court. You can do this by visiting this site Due to the value of the claim you do not need a solicitor and can do this yourself. Once you issue the claim, interest will be added onto the amount from the day you issue until the date judgment is awarded. This is pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act 1984. There will be an issue fee to pay, but you will recover this back.


It may very well be that the letter before action you send will make them pay promptly and you do not need to issue, but incase they don’t pay you, then the letter before action enables you to be able to start proceedings against them. From what you have stated it is likely judgement will be granted in your favour and you will recover your money back. If they don’t pay after judgement has been awarded, it means you can then take steps through the court to enforce it against them.


I hope this helps and wish you good health. All the best, John.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help!!
Have a great day!!