INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm promoting an immune system boosting product and mention

Hi there. I'm promoting an immune system boosting product and mention the Coronavirus in my marketing material. I need a solicitor to read the 150 word script and check that it's ok as I'm not trying to
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England, Kent.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Written a short script for a video.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your query. Kindly provide further details

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m promoting https://immunedefence.com/ a zinc based product to strengthen the immune system.
I mention the Coronavirus in the first line but I’m not promoting it as a coronavirus cure.

Just want to make sure that I won’t get in trouble by the FTC or UK trade commissions.
Here’s the script I wrote:
How strong is your immune system? With the Coronavirus on a warpath we’d rather not find out.
That’s why we’re taking Immune Defense for an added lay
er of protection against colds and viruses.
Immune Defense provides 3.5mg of elemental Zinc which the Cleveland clinic foundation discovered was able to suppress the symptoms of colds and viruses by over 50% helping you to recover twice as fast!
Immune Defense also contains 2.5mg of Vitamin C which the department of pathology in Christchurch New Zealand found can prevent and treat respiratory and systemic infections by enhancing your body’s immune cell functions.
Over 3 Billion people around the world are elderly or have a weakened immune system.
Protect yourself and the people you love with Immune Defense and you’ll be covered by a 100 day money back guarantee.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi there!

Here’s the script I wrote:
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi there!

Here’s the script I wrote:

That’s why we’re taking Immune Defense for an added layer of protection against colds and viruses.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Wow, sorry for posting 3 times. This site kept freezing.

I see you have not provided any footnotes to the references. If you do so, I believe there is nothing there which would constitute false claims. You are stating that Vitamin C and Zinc help your immune system which you should reference. Other than this, I cannot see anything wrong with this.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Very helpful advice. Thanks very much!

Its a pleasure.

Good luck!