Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Dear All, Dear All, I've contacted you yesterday with help

Dear All,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dear All, I've contacted you yesterday with help what to do at this time. I'm self-employed and EU citizen and I have been advised to register for universal credit. I filled all these questions and I also managed to verify my identity with Digidentity but now I'm not sure whether my application is in place or if there is something else I need to do. Also is that the only benefits i can receive. Could you please clarify? Many thanks Peter
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Registered for Universal Credit but I have no knowledge whether my application is has been accepted.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes Please. See my first message to you. Thank you

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

1. I am sorry to read of the above. Did you make an application online through the .gov website?
  2. You mention you are self employed. May I ask if you have been working until the recent restrictions and if so are you registered for tax with a UTR number with HMRC etc?
  3. Has you previously submitted a self assessment return to report your earnings to HMRC?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Joshua, thanks for coming back to me regarding above. Yes I did my application through the gov website Universal Credit I also applied for Settlet Status. At the moment I'm not sure whether my application has been accepted or not. As a self-employed my job has been suspended on 24.03.2020 and I have been working until then. I'm also registered with MRHC and all my Tax and national number are paid in full. Could you please advise further steps in my case. Many Thanks Petr

Many thanks. Is it convenient if I give you a call now or is another time better for you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Now is good if you can.Thanks

I'm getting a busy signal. I'll try again in a few minutes

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm not on the phone. Can you please try it again. Many thanks

Trying now...

Further to our discussion earlier - I have just noticed this report in the Guardian which may explain some of your issues though regretably doesn't really offer any solutions. It seems that potentially trying to talk to the DWP today may be a wasted exercise:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/universal-credit-claims-almost-impossible-as-more-than-500000-apply

If you are in real need of short term cash, you may consider a short term loan which may be available quite cheaply if you have reasonable credit. As discussed support is coming but I suspect it is going to take some time to put in place.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/eligibility/loans-calculator/search/