Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I work for a vending company at this time of lock down

I work for a vending company at this time of lock down should I still be working?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: work say they have a
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: work say they have a Certificate allowing to trade
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am employed north west vending

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Where type of locations are the vending machines situated in?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Different sites, engineering, Pharmaceutical,Food production

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. It is likely that you can remain open because you are still providing food and drinks to places where people are consuming them, especially I they ,ay not have any other option at the time. In any event, your business has not been specifically designated as one which must close and can therefore still remain open. It is however important to try and adhere to the 2m social distancing rules whilst at work.