How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14654
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I just wanted to ask, can HMRC chase abroad to recover a

This answer was rated:

Hi I just wanted to ask , can HMRC chase abroad to recover a debt?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Romania
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried to contact HMRC but can’t get in touch with them
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that’s all


Thank you for your query. Kindly explain the situation further?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I made a mistake when I have submitted my previous tax return and HMRC said I owe money ,i left UK


Have you contacted them and informed them that you have now left the UK?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I done that when I left
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Few months ago


They can obtain a court Order through the courts and then possibly take the Order to Romania and attempt to enforce the order through the courts there.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,


INC Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay thank you