Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have problem with paint shop who insted of fixing my car

Hi. I have problem with paint shop who insted of fixing my car have done bigger damage. I asked for the money i paid byt the owner laught at me. He said he can fix it but i dont trust them anymore. What can i do?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Southampton Eangland. Name of paint shop is Pit stop service
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I asked if they can give me back my money. But he refused.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Right now i need to pay twice much to fix this...

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Why do they say they shouldn't have to pay? Do they dispute the damage.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When i put a claim the owner said hes gonna fix this but the way he would like to do it is really wrong.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I went to other paint shop to ask how much its gonna cost me to fix and they said its gonna be twice much
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My car is damage i cant get my money back and i need to pay twice much to fix it again. The most annoing thing is that they are out of justice. Im not the first and last person with demage car after their service

So he is offering to fix it?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes he is. But i dont trust him at all. Because hes not goinng to fix it in proper way. It seems that he doesnt know anything about painting cars. Im just afraid its gonna be worse

Ok, but this is just a painting task?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes its about painting.

I have been asked to look at this for you.

The answer is extremely straightforward.

The garage owner has failed to carry out the job with reasonable care and skill and therefore is in breach of the provisions of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

You are entitled to compensation/damages that would be the cost of getting the vehicle fixed properly pursuant to the damage which he caused and for the cost of a hire car while it’s being repaired.

You need to get a quotation (not an estimate) for fixing it and then present that to the garage owner telling him that’s what he is required to pay and give him a deadline.

He won’t pay so expect to go to the Small Claims Court.

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk is quick and easy. You can prepare the proceedings now, and save them online ready to issue them whenever a deadline expires.

You may find that once the court proceedings land on his doormat, he becomes more “cooperative” or you may find that he simply buries his head in the sand.

If I have answered your question for you, at the top of the page, you should see a rating facility. Can you please rate my reply 3 stars or more because that really helps me? Please note you are not rating whether it’s favourable, because sometimes you may not get the answer you want, but basically my knowledge and way of dealing.

The thread does not close and I am happy to answer any questions you may have arising from this.

Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience: Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank You very much