Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I’m very concerned as many other people at this time will be

I’m very concerned as many other people at this time will be about the work I’m currently doing looking after radio TV and telephone systems for patients in hospital my concern is that it is very difficult to maintain a 2 m distance from patience when attending Breakdown calls And check on the system
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I currently work in the Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire area and my main Place of work or hospitals
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I and other employees have expressed our concerns to the company i.e. Hospedia Ltd but they are telling us that we are considered to be key workers and that the work we do is essential to patience as we are the window to the world. But I questioned this as there are other Means of communication supplied by Broadband companiesz
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What course of action can I take.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok no problem

Well how long have you worked there for and what are you ideally wanting to do in the circumstances?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

Thank you. How long have you worked there for and what are you ideally wanting to do in the circumstances?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have just worked for the company just under two years

OK thank you and what are you ideally wanting to do in the circumstances?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to know what my rights are with regard to my complaint about the company pushing me and other employees to work closer than 2 m away from hospital patients et cetera.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello are you still there
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello Ben are you still online

Ok so there is some uncertainty over the rues, which is understandable, but the following is taken direct from the Government document about this and this was issued following the latest official guidance:

Employers who have people in their offices or onsite should ensure that employees

are able to follow Public Health England guidelines including, where possible,

maintaining a two metre distance from others, and washing their hands with soap

and water often, for at least 20 seconds (or using hand sanitiser gel if soap and

water is not available).

Any business can remain open as long as they are not on the list of businesses which must close:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/875881/Guidance_of_business_closures_250320.pdf

If they are open they should seriously consider allowing people to work from home if possible. If they cannot do so, then the guidelines on social distancing and hand washing should be followed, with the phrase ‘where possible’ being key – i.e. not mandatory.

If you feel unsafe at work then you cannot be forced to attend and can consider whether to self-isolate, although you will only get sick pay in that case.

Does this answer your query?