Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Stuart, This is a continuation of the purchase of the

Hi Stuart,This is a continuation of the purchase of the Mercedes that was on HPI when I bought it. This is the response from the finance company, can you please advise how to proceed please...Mr Reburn
We act for Aldermore Finance in this matter as are DWF Solicitors acting, who will be writing to you shortly also.
Our client needs no reminding of the Act to which you refer however we thank your for caring to do so.
The vehicle remains the sole property of our client and they will not be releasing title.
Regarding Mr Kallis, he held no title and as you have already conceded, our client’s interest was duly recorded on HPI.
Mr Kallis has committed a criminal act by selling what he does not own and we will be reporting this to Police. From what you say he has defrauded you at the same time and by using what must clearly be forged documents to support this illegal activity; we are sure you will have reported this to Police yourself and would be obliged to know the crime number allocated. If you have not yet reported it, we are happy (at this stage) to do so on your behalf, by adding your plight to our report; we will need copies of everything you have, such as what was given to you and proof of payment made, how and when.
Meanwhile, you cannot sell or otherwise dispose of the vehicle and must keep it safe, which my colleagues at DWF will explain further.
Sincerely
Phillip Allen M.A.B.I.
Director
T:
01276 855010
DDI: 01276 587001
W:
www.jcauk.co.uk

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Oh I cannot start all over again - I sent the question to Stuart who was previously dealing.

Ive read your previous chat - what is it you want to ask me on this new thread?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I asked how I proceed, I was advised that I have good title.

There is nothing you need to do.
If the Hire Co wants it, they have to sue you.

As such you can defend it at Court under Hire Purchase Act 1964

They either must get a Court order or allow you to keep it.

If you keep it, then they can apply to Court.

You will have an opportunity to defend it at Court.

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks Jamie (?) so should I share anything with them - how long do I wait and when can I go to the ombudsman to force the issue? Happy to 5 star you when I have a way forward ��

8 weeks then go the Ombudsman.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks - I’ll tell them I have evidence to show he deceived me (42 pages of messages plus his brother as a whiteness) and say the clock is running. I’ll do the feedback now.