How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1031
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I have dificulty in payng my rent i do not ive in the

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have dificulty in payng my rent i do not ive in the prperty but my contract is stiil on
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Banbury
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: At the moment I send a email to my landlord saing that it is imposible for me to pay my rent. I moved out from his property last year in september as i made a motgage to a new house. Since then i have paid rent until now to my old landlord i still have 2 months to pay i have asked him to take that money from my deposit his answer was:
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i would advise speaking with Citizens Advice to see where you stand regarding the non payment of rent and ask if there is anything in place by the Government to help or assist you with the rent.


Welcome to JA.

Am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please ignore the automated call request unless you wish to talk.

What did your landlord say when you proposed the deposit idea?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He told me to seek advice from citizen advise
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
And that I still have to pay the rent

Although you still have to pay rent however an agreement can be struck between you and the landlord. The deposit idea is a good idea that he should say yes or no to or come up with an alternative arrangement other than demand money which you cannot afford.

Further if he commenced court proceedings against you to recover the money he may be met with an order from the court which requires you to pay a lesser amount per month than what could be potentially agreed.

Do you understand what I have stated if not please let me know.

If you understand what I have stated I will proceed to the next step.


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I understand

I suggest you return to the landlord and outline the position that you are unable to afford the monthly payment therefore can the deposit be used to settle the losses or alternatively can a repayment plan be negotiated.

When considering the repayment options ensure you agree A FIGURE and TIME frame you can abide by and not the landlord because you may end up back in a position asking to renegotiate.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.


Anthony Chendo and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you