Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Can you have secondary employment if your main employer put

can you have secondary employment if your main employer put you on a furloughed break?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: This is being discussed with my HR department but they are not clear. my challenge is that the Government sites say we are unable to work for the employer but does not mention another employer.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee and no it is an SME
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok

As far as the information available out there indicates, it would be possible to work elsewhere whilst receiving the Government help during a period of furlough. You are correct that you are not able to work for the employer who has furloughed you but there is currently nothing which says you cannot work for another employer. Saying that, the full details of the scheme have still not been released and we only have limited information so this may be subject to change – you simply have to follow the news and Government announcements to see if there is any further clarification on that point.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, thank you

All the best