Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Can my sons mum stop me from seeing my son due to covid 19?

Can my sons mum stop me from seeing my son due to covid 19 ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we agreed we would collect as normal but she’s recently changed her mind to no access now , which means she will break the court order that’s in place
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s it

Hi How can I help?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
My underhand is we both have to agree and alternative method or way and we haven’t , I’ve offered to collect him later next Monday - Wednesas she was isolating , she refused and said Friday was fine , now changed her mind
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi have you seen my initial questions ?

The government has announced that separated couples are permitted to still see their children provided their are no health/signs displayed by either parent and the child

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we agreed we would collect as normal but she’s recently changed her mind to no acce now , which means she willbreak the court order that’s in place
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s it

No she cannot particularly give there is the court order is in place provided their are no health/signs displayed by either parent and the child. If this has not been raised - she is then breaching the order!

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
She is saying that due to the fact one of her other kids had mild asthma she’s classed his as vulnerable and won’t allow my access to my son
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
But earlier in the week she didn’t consider that as a risk , both family’s are all fine so far

This seems very unacceptable and does not display one of the reasons as outlined by the government. You should remind her off the order and if she fails to comply you would seek to enforce it.

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

By her failing to allow you access she is breaking the law and could face a fine or worse for breaching the terms of the order

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Yes happy to give you positive feedback thank you

The purpose of the rating will allow me to continue to help other customers just like you and provide a high level of service on Justasnwer - thank you