LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

If you can recall my previous question about evictions (our

Hello, if you can recall my previous question about evictions (our lease ends mid April).
So we can stay at current home even if the landlord has signed a contract with a new tenant to move in after this date ?

If you are unable to find alternative accommodation, your Landlord will not be able to bring any legal action against you for the next three months. Even if that means he has signed on new tenants which he/she shouldn't have done without confirming with you as to your arrangements.

It is surprising that your Landlord has signed on new tenants during this climate we are experiencing.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
She has signed it early March

" As a result, no renter in either social or private accommodation will be forced out of their home during this difficult time."

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Because we are expected to move out mid April

OK, if you are unable to find alternative accommodation, your Landlord cannot force you to leave which is illegal.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Even we cannot move because there are no movers working now and we definitely want to avoid contact with movers who will be staying for hours

That is the sensible approach.

Does that clarify everything now?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes thanks

No problem.

I would be grateful for a 5 star rating at the top of your screen for my time. It is important to leave a rating as this is how Experts are credited for their time.

All the best.