Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have insurance and it covers serouce diseases, and. I'm

Hi, I have insurance and it covers serouce diseases, and. I'm just told it does not cover COVID 19 do I just accept that. When we don't have a list of what it does cover.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I checked. My insurance and it states I'm covers for serouce diseases and my debtors book and the replayed one line saying does not cover COVID 19 makes no sence
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know if that is fair

Welcome to JA.

Am sorry to hear about your situation.

I suggest you question the insurer position and I suggest you obtain their comments in WRITING on why the insurance covers diseases and (presumably illnesses) but not the current Covid-19. Notify them to show within their terms and conditions which supports their comments and the LAW they rely on too.

Do you understand what I have stated if yes I will proceed to the next step.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes

If you are not satisfied with their response I suggest you consider filling a complaint with the financial ombudsman as they can step in to resolve the dispute. The service is free of charge and are independent from the insurer too.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Your welcome