Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I would like to know what I can do legally about my

Hello I would like to know what I can do legally about my insurance policy, I took out a policy for my taxis, at one point I had 2 vehicles on the road, in the early December last year one of my taxis developed a mechanical problem meaning it was off the road as a taxi due to needing an engine rebuild. I was driving the second vehicle as a backup while the main taxi was off the road. Unfortunately in mid to late January the backup vehicle had a double blow out which caused nearly £2000 of damage meaning the backup vehicle was beyond economic repair.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Canterbury in Kent when I work but live in Herne Bay
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to the insurers, I did have a payout for one vehicle but I have been told that even though I only have the one vehicle left which has only just come back from the engine rebuild, I still have to pay for the full term on both vehicles. The policy will be up for renewal in November
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have given a brief outline of my situation without going in to any real details

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

I am not with you - the insurance paid out but are still expecting you to pay the policy for the year?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I had a policy for the two vehicles, and pay it in monthly installments, the one vehicle was an insurance write off due to the blow outs and being beyond economic repair, I still have the one vehicle

I will call shortly, will show as withheld