How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2769
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I am looking for a solicitor to help me with a domestic

This answer was rated:

I am looking for a solicitor to help me with a domestic abuse case, reguarding custody of my son. I am eligible for legal aid also
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing. As far as it has gone, the social services are involved but they’re proving pretty useless and say I need to seek legal advise
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Lincolnshire.. possibly Boston magistrates?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are both on the birth certificate

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Have you gone through the process of assessing eligibility for legal aid online?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I haven’t I am not sure where to start
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I’m not very good with this sort of thing

The first thing you need to do, in that case, is to assess whether you are in fact eligible for legal aid. If you are, then the system I link to below will take all your details and will arrange a call back from someone who will assist you further and help you to find a suitable lawyer.

See here:

You will be asked certain basic questions and once the system has said you appear to be eligible, you will need to complete the financial information requested, if you pass that, then someone will call you back to assist you further.

If you're not eligible, you can of course make an application to the court as a litigant in person.

SASH_Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you