plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

At the FDA the judge asked me if I had made a will to which

Hi Peter, at the FDA the judge asked me if I had made a will to which I had to answer no. Are these will writing kits legal, or are these Will writers who advertise frequently on Facebook Legal.
I wish to write a simple will if it is allowed whereby I leave everything to my daughter.

Hello and thanks for the question.

The legal requirements for a will are pretty straightforward - you have to:

• be 18 or over.
  • make it voluntarily.
  • be of sound mind.
  • make it in writing.
  • sign it in the presence of 2 witnesses who are both over 18.
  • have it signed by your 2 witnesses, in your presence.

As long as it conforms to these requirements, it will be legal. So a will writing kit may suffice. Or I may be able to assist if you wish to have someone draft it for you. I wouldn't respond to facebook adds though.

Is there anything further I can assist with today?

Also, I'll check back in with you in 1 day on 3/27/2020. I can also answer any additional questions that may arise. Don't worry, there's no additional fee for this follow-up.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Peter thank you, I would like you to draft it for me if that is okay

OK, I'm happy to assist. I'll submit an offer for email contact for you so we can discuss this directly. Thank you.

The system won't allow me to submit an offer of direct email contact on this thread, I'm not entirely sure why! You should be able to find me online via a search to make contact in any event. If not, I'll see what else I can do to fix the technical issue this end. And in the meantime, if you could accept the response to this thread the site will credit me for my time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
To enable my search online could you tell me your surname

It's Collins. Thank you for your patience!