How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1796
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I have paid £ 2750+ to a lady in uk to start a civil case

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have paid £ 2750+ to a lady in uk to start a civil case about property in Pakistan. She assured me that she has contacts in Pakistan as she was a solicitor in Pakistan for 18 years. She started a case against my brothers who unfairly occupied the family home and shops in Pakistan but later her solicitor stopped attending on hearing when I protested that I have paid you huge money and even then my case is being neglected she became angry and starting threatening me to forget the money. Now can you please let me know what options I have as she is based in Southall .
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i live in Acton UK.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have not taken any steps. She doesn’t receive my Whatsapp messages anymore.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i know her through my sister who also resides in the same B&B. She introduced herself here as lawyer and human rights activist.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.


Did she claim to be a solicitor in the UK? Did she actually attend hearings with you in this country or in Pakistan?


Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She claimed to be a solicitor in Pakistan for 18 years and that she is studying law in Brunal University and Lincoln inns in UK. She said that she has solicitors in Pakistan who worked for her as she has had a her own law firm. She has also claimed asylum in UK with her family.

So she lied in order to obtain money from you?

Or does she actually have her own law firm in Pakistan? Did you check? What is the name of it? What is her name?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Initially her solicitor started the case in Pakistani court but then missing hearing in court. I recently went to Pakistan as my father passed away. I also realised she overcharged me for the things don’t exist. For example she charged me £250 as court fees which don’t exist. When I asked these things she becomes angry and says no one can do anything and I can go anywhere and that she is untouchable.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Her name is Iffat Saif and law firm she and her husband work in Pakistan name is HASSAN LAW ASSOCIATES.

She's not untouchable, you could report her to the police for taking money under false pretences, as that is a crime. She's almost certainly not a solicitor in Pakistan, and if she is still studying law here in the UK then she's not a solicitor here either. Plus, if she was qualified overseas, she would be able to do a transfer test to practice here in the UK. I think she has scammed you - which is fraudulent behaviour. I doubt she is qualified anywhere.


I think that your option to get your money back, given you are both in the UK, is to apply via the small claims court.


The following link tells you step by step what you need to do:


Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your help. What option is better going to police or going though court or I could do both together. For going to court do I need a advisor or solicitor?

I think you should do both - they are separate proceedings. Report her to the police and let them investigate and in the meantime make an application for your money back.


You don't need a solicitor to go to court - lots of people deal with small claims court by themselves.

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you