31090051

Due to this vivid- 19. Can I go and collect my children from

Due to this vivid- 19. Can I go and collect my children from there mums who is 2 hours away travel ? For our usual child arrangements. Cant find any guidance. Have seen guidance for shared parenting and going between but unsure on the travel time if this changes that? Thanks
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: We have personal arrangement we havnt been threw court and dont need to just unsure on this current lockdown with the covid19 scotland lockdown
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No that's why I am asking for advice.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. There is nothing to stop you exercising contact with your children as long as there are no health issues arising from the contact or from the journey. If you are travelling by car it is a non issue. There has not been much guidance but the head of the family courts in England issued guidance and the Scottish family law sheriffs have endorsed that guidance as being good for Scotland too. Here it is for you: https://www.judiciary.uk/announcements/coronavirus-crisis-guidance-on-compliance-with-family-court-child-arrangement-orders/ I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system on your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank u