Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I have made a claim for carers allowance and have applied

Hi I have made a claim for carers allowance and have applied for ILR in the UK as a spouse will this effect my ILR
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in UK I have lived here 6 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: I have submitted all paper work the home office for the application it’s being processed
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’m sorry I’m not aware of any green card
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I made the application for the ILR and then few months later applied for carers allowance will this affect my leave to remain in the U.K.

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question

Sorry who are you claiming the Carer's allowance for? Are you the Applicant or the Sponsor?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi I applied for ILR in the U.K. on spouse visa and few months a go I made application for carers allowance now carers allowance have contacted home office to request information will ths affect my leave to remain in U.K.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m the applicant sorry I do not want to make a phone call

So at the time of the application you was not receiving the Carer's allowance is that correct?

May I ask who you are claiming the Carer's allowance for?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do not want them to call me

They will not call you if anything will send you email if they want more information.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do not want to receive a call and want my money back if £44 I did not request a call back

You would need to call customer services if the money has been taken out - thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes I was not receiving carers allowance at the time of the application for ILR

Did you inform the Home Office that you are now in receipt of it or did they find out?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am claiming carers allowance for a friend as I am looking after her for 35 hours a week

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-funds--2/public-funds - Carer's allowance is deemed as a Public funds and your application could potentially be refused.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am not in receipt of it at the moment as the carers allowance have not processed the application as of yet an have contacted the home office for the information they are requesting

I see

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
So can you please advise what I can do next I spoke to hone office they advised it should not affect your application but I have been checking gov website it’s stating can not claim carers allowance as it’s public find
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Should I cancel my carers claim
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Because it has not been processed at the moment

Yes you should

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As it’s not been processed at the moment and they have not awarded it to me this should not affect my ILR

.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will this affect my application for leave to remain

You said you will notify them you are no longer receiving - they could of course check and conduct internal checks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have not received it at all only made application and the application is in progress no award has been made to me
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My carers application has not been processed as of yet they are awaiting Information from the home office

ok

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
So what is best advice you can give

Please open up a new question/post - tag me in - thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But this is my question and I need advice

Your question has been answered - see earlier conversation

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you

Welcome