LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

My son was given 2months notice on his rented room. This is

My son was given 2months notice on his rented room. This is up on the 5th april. He will have to move into a new house with 6 new people all strangers. He has been working from.home for 2 weeks so has been quite isolated. Does he have to move as I'm worried about this?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bristol uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing his old landlord has already got scaffolding up ready for reform. His new land lord has said he can still.move in. But these 6 new people could have the virus or been anywhere if you see what i mean?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just really his rights does he need to move out or should he stay to keep safe? He has paid part deposit to.the new landlord

I will be assisting you.

The government in the coming days will also issue guidance which asks landlords to show compassion and to allow tenants who are affected by this to remain in their homes wherever possible.

At present, emergency legislation will be taken forward as an urgent priority so that landlords will not be able to start proceedings to evict tenants for at least a 3 month period. So you will not need to worry about the threat of any Court action as a result of the current national crisis.

Your son should continue to follow government guidelines during this period.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Should he stay then? What about rent to.the new,landlord to secure that tenancy ?
Your son should discuss this with your Landlord /agents and aim to reach a solution to this amid the current crisis. It is important to follow government guidance on this and further information is below: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/complete-ban-on-evictions-and-additional-protection-for-renters

If your son is concerned moving into a property with other tenant's, he should continue follow government guidelines.

It is a difficult choice but at this moment, the government have advised everyone to stay indoors unless absolutely necessary.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok thank you. I think he should speak to his current landlord and stay. I'm worried that he will lose his new place but we will see

I agree. It's a pleasure.

I would be grateful for a 5 star rating at the top of your screen for my time. It is important to leave a rating as this is how Experts are credited for their time.

All the best.