Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I'm seeking answers around the current coronavirus options

I'm seeking answers around the current coronavirus options available to me as the director of a small limited company
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: My accountant is sending e-mails but en mass to all clients so nothing properly at a personal level
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just need to know best options
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is anyone available?

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What do you want to know about this?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks. I’m a director who had been advised to pay myself min salary and dividends. I’d instructed my accountant to change my salary to £60k then I would take divided at year end if enough profit at year end in advance of the ir35 regs coming in. The company I do most of my work for were happy that provided I could evidence a salary in excess of what they were paying direct employees then I’d be ok. Worried that if I do this in now for my payslip that the gov will only allow the feb payslip value for my furlough if my sites end up getting shut down. Can I use March value if I don’t get furloughed until April? I work in highways for local authority and they have said that my role will continue due to ongoing contract administration and such being required but I’m worried that if the lockdown goes on for too long they will let me go.

Unlikely. They will take an average because all people could do the same thing - ramp up March to take advantage of it.

As such you can only use your average payslips but it would be the Ltd Co who would have to furlough you.

Clearly, if you are then the Ltd co can't run. You need to be in control of it.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks for that, do you believe it would be a three year average taken? As I was employed permanently just over a year ago and this would help greatly. Will certainly dive in and sort ratings now. Thanks in advance