How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 76229
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

5 year old son caused slight damage (scratch) to neighbour's

This answer was rated:

Hi! 5 year old son caused slight damage (scratch) to neighbour's car. I'm happy to pay for the repair. Neighbour wants BMW to repair it, whereas I want to book a cheaper option. Do I have the right to choose who repairs?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Jo! Great, good to be connected!

Thanks for the information


He is under a duty to get more than one quote. The general rule is three quotes and the middle one is chosen.


He cannot just choose the most expensive option. He has a duty to mitigate his loss.


Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much Jo! Much appreciated!