Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was hoping to put a claim through the Small Claims court

I was hoping to put a claim through the Small Claims court for an outstanding amount of £9600.00 but the work was done in Scotland and their small claims court only goes up to £3000. can you suggest anything please
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in England and the unpaid invoice is Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only to retrieve the money through friendly means
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Ok - what you can do is issue a paper claim here.

You form N1:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

You will also need to complete form N510:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n510-service-out-of-the-jurisdiction

Once you get Judgment in England you can then enforce it in Scotland.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.