How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15665
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I was hoping to put a claim through the Small Claims court

This answer was rated:

I was hoping to put a claim through the Small Claims court for an outstanding amount of £9600.00 but the work was done in Scotland and their small claims court only goes up to £3000. can you suggest anything please
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in England and the unpaid invoice is Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only to retrieve the money through friendly means
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Ok - what you can do is issue a paper claim here.

You form N1:

You will also need to complete form N510:

Once you get Judgment in England you can then enforce it in Scotland.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you