How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

We have a COA in place.Myself and my 2 children have been in

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: We have a COA in place.Myself and my 2 children have been in self isolation for 8 days. The time has now come for my ex husband to have the children. The Government are saying don't leave your home. I am so frightened about them going. What is my position?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Gloucester.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi How can I help


I will read your question and respond

If there are no health concerns in respect of self isolating or child symptoms and there is a court order - your ex to have the kids - the government has stated separated couples can still continue with handovers provided there are no signs of the virus from the parent's and/or child.

Thank you

Are you there?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If The Government order a tighter lockdown and the children are with their father can i get them back during the lockdown?

If the lock down imposes tighter restrictions which includes the prohibition of contact/access rights then this would be the rules in place - as of yet let's hope there are no further lock down - 3 weeks is quite long. Otherwise as stated above the government has not prohibited separated couples to see their children.

Thank you

It is unlikely that the government would impose the prohibition of contact provisions. The situation is being monitored


I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

I hope this information has been helpful

Please do remember to provide a positive rating by clicking on the above stars - many thanks

Lawyer21 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you