How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1348
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I need help, I'm in england, You are the first, If I can

This answer was rated:

I need help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: You are the first
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I can have a cup of coffee

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist

What do you need help with?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi.. sorry for the previous message.. I was checking to see if it was an automated response.

My ex partner has applied for a non molestation order. The hearing is on the 15th of April. The contents of her statement are pretty much nonsense.. apart from some aspects. The crux of it is that in September 2018 I found out she had been soliciting for six months, using escort sites.. we argued, I forgave her and she attended counselling sessions at her university.. the sessions were cut short due to the end of the degree. The counsellor informed her that she suffered from extreme behaviour.. I had texts to confirm that she had been soliciting.. I deleted them in good faith to extend trust as she was worried that her children would find out. Fast forward a year to this January, again I found out she was soliciting. I tried to tell her that what she was doing was very dangerous.. and that I felt responsible. I told her if she didn't quit I would inform her father.. hence the application for the order. This brings me to my question, she has five children.. 3 are young adults.. we live in the same village, and it has become clear to me, that on some level, she has involved her children in her lies about me, to keep continuity with her story. I am worried that her children will spread these slurs to their friends then their families and so on.. potentially making life very difficult for me. What can I do? It's a civil hearing.. can the counsel records be pulled to prove my inoccence?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What can I do? I have little available funds as I am a student, and self employed. There is no time to get legal aid.. will this case be pushed aside because of the Covid 19 pandemic? If not, she will need to keep this order in place forever.. to keep the truth secret. Ironically I have no intention or internet in revealing her activities, I just want to live in peace without the stigma of he allegations.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok.. so no call. Will I get my £44 back?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
*I have no intention or interest in revealing her activities
I cannot say whether the hearing will go ahead or not. At this moment it is very difficult to say because as you are aware things are changing daily. It seems it may be pushed back however I would recommend you attend unless you are informed by the court otherwise.

The purpose of the non molestation is to protect against things such as violence / harassment. So she could in effect simply be asking for you not to be in contact with her. Based on what you have said, you seem not to be opposing this so you could simply indicate to the court you have no difficulties stating away. You may also indicate to the court that things are being said about your relationship with your ex which are not true and that you are asking her to stop. The court can be asked to give her a strong warning to stop.

If it is she continues you may consider commencing a claim for defamation. This in effect means you can claim damages from her for saying things to third parties which damages your character which are not true. You can highlight to her if she continues or her daughters were to continue you would bring a claim against her/them.

Hope I have clarified things for you. Do let me know if I may be of further assistance. Kindly indicate whether you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best
ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I have just noticed your request for a call. What time in the morning would be convenient to you?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
9am please

Unfortunately I do have a meeting scheduled for that time. Will 11 be ok?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes thank you

Ok great speak then

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello again.. I paid for a phone call, for last night.. then it was rearranged for today at 11 am. I have not received one.. I would now like a refund please.

Good day, my meeting went longer than was anticipated, my apologies.

i have tried to call you twice without success. Kindly let me know whether you would like for me to try calling you again. Ta.


Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello, No.. I have contacted the admin team for a refund. Thank you

That’s fine. I will also notify them we have not spoken.