INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

On 20th March I self isolated to shield vulnerable family

On 20th March I self isolated to shield vulnerable family members, on 26th March I should have received a weeks pay for week ending 23rd March, my employer told me that he will keep those wages until I return to work ,and had paid £94 ssp
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Manager
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee, not in union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your query. If you are self isolating, you are not entitled to full pay unless agreed with your employer.

Tje Government guidance is that those self isolating without symptoms should receive at lease unpaid leave. Those who are off sick with symptoms should receive at least SSP.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I understand this ,,but it does not answer my question, can my employer keep my last weeks pay that was worked for and is paid a week I leu, this should have been paid 26th but I received £94 ssp .the employer is keeping these wages until I return to work

If this is for work already carried out, No, the employer cannot retain this at all.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

It's a pleasure.

Kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.