marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

Financial settlement Subject “chronology” I would like to

Financial settlement
Subject “chronology”I would like to ask for help with what can and should not be including in chronology.
Can this consists of as many dates and facts I feel are important?

Hello, my name is Marcus.

A chronology will include.

Date of birth of H and W and any children

Date of marriage

Date of separation

Date of divorce petition

Date of Decree Nisi and Absolute - if relevant.

Date of Form A

Date of First Directions Appointment

You should then also include any other salient dates relevant to the issues such as purchase of Family Home and dates of redundancy etc

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok i Think in my case it’s quite important the start of our relationship. As we lived in her owned hoes and I paid rent there sold it got new house where I was on the mortgage we got married there and sold it and bought what’s now 12y later family home.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
In her own house” correction
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can each point of chronology have not very long sentences but enough to describe an event?

Following a 12 year marriage it will be difficult for her to claim credit for any contribution by way of a previous property if that is what you are trying to mitigate.

A chronology is a brief document just to give a judge a snapshot.

For example :

01.01.01 Husband born

01.01.01 Wife born

01.01.01 parties commence cohabitation in W's. H pays rent

01.01.01 Parties marry

01.01.01 W's House sold and Family Home brought.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I see thank you. Yes I am trying to say that cos she made folds statements that I had no interest in our last property meanwhile I was the only one who paid mortgage and bills! So somehow I must state this

It is a sensible point to make but as I say following a 12 year marriage the court attach very little weight to previous contribution - so although you need to address the issue it should not be as significant as you think.

Do you have children, if so how old are they and with whom do they or will they live for the majority of their time.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We have one child form our marriage but she has two form her previous marriage our child will live with her for most of the time
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Her two children are 15 and 17 our child is 10

That being the case the principle applied is that of needs.

The marital assets will be divided according to financial needs regardless of contribution.

I presume you are preparing for a First Directions Appointment. If so at the hearing the court will order in readiness for the next hearing - if you do not agree - property particulars and mortgage capacities to identify your respective financial needs.

Marcus.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
One other fact is that her two children form previous marriage are not a part of our martial assets. So although her needs will be higher then my assets I am not responsible for her previous marriage. I am not trying to go 50/50 but more like 70% W 30%H the problem is she made up extremity high income needs
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we are preparing for 1st directions

The children from her previous marriage will be considered a child of the family sadly for you.

You are being realistic in what you are seeking and that is acheiveable.

A court will be well versed with someone claiming excessive income needs......

Marcus.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Only is good to hear your opinion as most solicitors told me that her children will have very little impact on final settlement.
I mean to be very honest I would be happy with 25% I even offered to her to split 80% - 20%
But she thinks she can have it all! ��‍♂️

I must say that is strange advise. They are children of the family albeit not marriage. Certainly in 20 years or so in practice I have only one case where my opponent try to argue that children of the family should not be provided for and it went down very badly with the judge.

You will certainly get something. Courts are being harder on wife's more so than they have in the past.

Marcus.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I think it was very strange advice and not one I would be ever suggesting to the court.
As I say although there is quite a bit of money to spilt I only need a small portion to satisfy my needs and low expectations. However the issue is my Ex-W needs are extremely wishful and as a resolute they wouldn’t be satisfied even if the court give her everything!