TK Legal
TK Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB, MCIArb
108614387

My FDR hearing (divorce) is set for beginning of June and it

Customer Question

Hi my FDR hearing (divorce) is set for beginning of June and it looks like it may be postponed. Lawyers are pushing for a private FDR. Is the FDR better I.e. more likely to get to a settlement or not worth the extra money?
Expert:  TK Legal replied 10 days ago.

Hello dear, welcome to JustAnswer ! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today with your legal issue. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you!

Expert:  TK Legal replied 10 days ago.

In my opinion, private FDR’s have a very high settlement rate of over 90% as the parties are involved and invested in the process. It is an ideal way to have more control over the financial remedy proceedings. You do not have to wait for availability in the Court diary. You can also choose a “Judge in whom you and your lawyers have confidence.”. You can have as much time as you allocate to the FDR.

The parties investing their own money into the FDR- this may seem like a negative but the chances are that due to the parties paying privately, they are more invested in reaching a settlement rather than allowing matters to progress further. You can also appoint the same Judge to be appointed as a mediator in the unfortunate circumstance that you are unable to settle matters.

So, it is worth the extra money.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** FDR is not successful and we go to the final hearing do you know how long the London courts wait times are given the lockdown ?
Expert:  TK Legal replied 10 days ago.

It's almost three to four months now.

Expert:  TK Legal replied 10 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today?

If not, I would appreciate if you could take just a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen). If you need anything further, I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

For future information, please start your question with ‘For TK Legal’.

You can always link to my profile for another question at a later time.

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-tkabir/

Have a good day!

Kind regards, T.K.