marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

Have been charge with voyrisum will I get a prison sentence,

Customer Question

Have been charge with voyrisum will I get a prison sentence
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: Had a phone call today with the case that was over a year ago now saying that I’ve been charged with voyrisum and has been sent in the post to attend court
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: what do you mean the crime ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  marcusmalin replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

It will depend on the circumstances but most likely not.

What were the circumstances.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What do you mean ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What does that mean ?

What happened.- what is it you did or it is alleged you did.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Put a camera in a friends bathroom while they took a shower but I was doing work there and I didn’t know it was a camera and the footage shows nothing as nothing was seen ?

What do you mean about putting in a camera but not realising it was a camera.

Just to explain whether it is a custodial or community depends on the circumstances and whether there are more aggravating features such as showing images, causing significant alarm and it being planned or mitigating factors such as no planning but spur of the moment and no images were shown.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No imagines were shown I wasn’t in a good place at the time was in a bad place with using drugs aswell but nothing got shown as it was found and given to the police
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What does custodial or community mean ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Sorry - custodial is a jail sentence a community sentence is working in the community and maybe attendance on courses to address the offending.

What did you mean about not knowing it was a camera. What did you actually do. The detail is important.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i Was on drugs badly and was struggling with my mental health and my wife’s friend was always there for me and I was doing work round there one night and was just playing around with this device I brought from a man that sold stuff off the van which turns out to be a little camera. I had no intentions of recording her in the shower at all

In honesty it sounds a little strange that you put something that you did not know was a camera in someones bathroom.

That said on balance there are possible more mitigating than aggravating features with it being unplanned - spur of the moment - while not in a good place and with no images being recorded.

So on balance a coumminty - less serious sentence - is a possibility.

You really should instruct a local criminal specialist solicitor to represent you at court. In short though avoiding jail is possible if you instruct a solicitor to mitigate on your behalf.

Marcus

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It is a first offence aswell I have no convictions

That is also a positive and further mitigation / reason for a more favourable sentence.

Marcus

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What kind of solicitor do I need

A criminal law solicitor.

What is your postcode?

Expert:  marcusmalin replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I would be most grateful if you could kindly rate my answer to enable me to get credit for it.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Marcus

Expert:  marcusmalin replied 13 days ago.

Marcus

Expert:  marcusmalin replied 11 days ago.

Marcus