12826847

I got caught speeding doing 57 in a van on a national speed

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** got caught speeding doing 57 in a van on a national speed limit single carriageway road on 2 February, yesterday I received a notice of intention to prosecute which is 3 months later. I was unaware that vans were different to cars and can they still prosecute after 3 months. Thanks Michael
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Burton Latimer bypass kettering
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I’ve not yet replied to the letter it appears I was speeding but it was 3 months ago and I thought I had to have received this letter within 14 days
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s it thanks just advice at pressent
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what do you mean vans different to cars - in what context?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The speed limits I’ve checked it out this morning and it appears that cars can drive 60mph but vans such as the*****it’s 50 mph
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Are you the registered keeper?