F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

This is a will question. I own our house with my wife. I an

Customer Question

Hello. This is a will question. I own our house with my wife. I an 70 with cancer and she is 68.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Peterborough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have will in favour of our 3 adult children What we want to do is to ensure there is enough money for our daughter,40 to buy a property when the last of us die. She is on long term ESA benefits
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

are you saying that would then lead to problems with the other children?

are they likely to agree to this?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We will explain as both of the other children have their own homes. Claire lives with us.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry, not prepared to pay at this stage
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

Do you mean that you’re not prepared to pay for a telephone call (the offer is automatic, you can always decline) or do you mean that you don’t want to continue at all?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi I'm not prepared to pay the £44. Can we still continue with email.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

The offer of a telephone call comes out automatically. It’s optional. You can just ignore it or request it later.

We can continue on here.

There was nothing to stop you doing what you are proposing but I don’t know exactly what your query is because you haven’t asked a question. If you are anticipating a problem with it, then just post up and I will deal with that for you.