12826847

I live on Tallington Lakes Leisure Park in Lincolnshire.

Customer Question

Good morning, I live on Tallington Lakes Leisure Park in Lincolnshire. They charge a launch price yearly for Boat launches. Annual launch for a boat is £850 and all launches must be stored in the compound. Sailing boats cost £160 per year, windsurfers and £110 per year and canoes are £60 per year. I have been sent a bill for £160 for my small rowing boat, it is not a sailing boat. Last year they tried to charge me for a sailing boat and I refused to pay it because it is as small as a canoe, they cancelled the payment as I told them I was getting rid of it. This year they sent me a bill for £160 for the dingy I have. I have a rowing boat. I couldn't sell it because no-one wanted to be saddled with a high bill for rowing the boat a few times a year on our small fishing lake. The other boats (sailing) are on the open waters where they can pull skiers or just enjoy speeding around, speedboats and sailing boats. My question is, how can they charge me this £160 for a small boat, it is not a sailing boat, it's a rowing boat. Challenging them results in being threatened to be thrown off the site. What can I do, if anything?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have telephoned them and challenged the invoice and was calm and fair and was shouted at and told I was being aggressive. I was just asking the question about the size of my small boat. I have today received a letter and a further invoice for last year as well as I couldn't sell the boat. I have not been using it.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I remove the boat today, what can they do? Or have I any argument that it is just a rowing boat, not a sailing boat. They are very aggressive people.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Don't worry about this, we are getting rid of the boat today. Thank you for your assistance so far. Sorry to be a nuisance. It's more trouble that it is worth to be honest. I hope you are all staying safe in this pandemic. Kindest regards Christine
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't need help now, thankyou, I've got rid of my boat.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Ok great. Please do not reply otherwise the system thinks you are stuck