Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was defrauded through my Revolut account on 6th May and,

Customer Question

I was defrauded through my Revolut account on 6th May and, despite several contacts with the company through their App chat line, have not achieved any engagement with them with regard recognition of the problem, accountability or resolution. Are their any means of redress through the financial ombudsman?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Near Southampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: contacted Lloyds bank fraudline, but they were uninterested to help until Revolut had had a chance to respond; they have done nothing. The money was lost from my Lloyds account by transfer through the Revolut card.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: contacted police action fraud and have a reference number with them. Contacted an advisor at Money Which?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

can you give me the background to the fraud please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
A friend, whom I had recommended to use Revolut, was having some problems with an email asking for renewal of I/d. I had received a similar email and, wanting to check on the possibility of fraud sought a telephone link to Revolut to check it out from the internet;Google search I think. The telephone contact undertook to resolve the resetting of access limits on my account, highest and lowest, persuaded me to download a screen sharing App, Team Viewer Quick..., set up a dummy a/c, he said within my Revolut platform, and proceeded with transfer transactions which led ultimately to £7948 being lost, some from a residue in my Revolut a/c, but mostly from my linked Lloyd’s a/c. There’s more detail, but that is the bare bones
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

I feel this is outside my sphere of expertise and I am therefore going to opt out for another expert to consider.

The thread is now open to all experts.

Please do not reply as a matter of course or courtesy, as it means that the question thread comes back into my inbox.

An expert with the necessary expertise will reply when they are online.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this today.

What else do you want to know?