F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I would like to find the solicitor acting for a deceased

I would like to find the solicitor acting for a deceased property owner
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We have a copy of the title from land registry, still in the name of the deceased lady, who has apparently been dead for aboutt 2 years
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: 9 Cawdon Grove Dorridge Solihull
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are in the process of buying adjacent land, but may well be interested in buying the vacant bungalow

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

have you any other leads at all?

is the property for sale?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No leads , the property is not showing any sale boards

The only thing that you can do is write to the address on the land registry title which could well be the address of the property. Someone may be picking the mail up.

You rewriting to the executors of the estate of the late xxx.

there really is no magic way of finding out who is dealing with the estate, executors, solicitors or whoever.

You can get a copy of the will and the grant of probate from the Probate Registry if it has been admitted to probate.

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

That will tell you the executors are which will narrow down your search.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service. Although it says "rate to finish" it doesn't close the thread and we can still exchange emails.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No that’s fine thank you I will rate you shortly but I am satisfied with your answer

I am glad to help. If anything else crops up, just post up. Thank you