How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 403
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

My partner moved out taking my 3 month old daughter what are

Customer Question

My partner moved out taking my 3 month old daughter what are my rights to see her and how often
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I don't want to go to court have i got the right to take her as her mother did
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes what rights has my mum got to see her granddaughter
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Hello, Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

If you and your partner no longer together, then you need to make arrangements order regarding your daughter.

You and your ex-partner can avoid going to court hearings if you mutually agree on:

where the children will live

how much time they’ll spend with each parent

how you’ll financially support your children

You can agree on child maintenance at the same time

If you both are not agreeing on the child arrangement conditions, you can go for a mediation service to get help in preparing to make arrangements and reaching an agreement with your partner.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

So, if you and your partner do not agree on where the children live, their custody & contact, and financial support you can take the help of a mediator, local citizen Advice Bureau.

If you are not able to reach an agreement mutually or with the help of a mediator, you can apply to the court to decide and make a child arrangement order.

However, You must show you’ve attended a meeting to see if mediation is right for you before applying to a court.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

and Regarding the grandmother`s rights -

Only people with parental responsibility, for example, parents, step-parents or guardians can make an application for a Contact Order. Whilst grandparents rights are limited they can, however, apply for permission (leave) to apply for a Contact Order and the courts will consider the following:

  • The applicant’s connection with the child.
  • The nature of the application for contact.
  • Whether the application might be potentially harmful to the child’s well-being in any way.

they can apply for a Contact Order through the court to gain access to your grandchildren by filling C100 application form.

They can apply online by using the below web link-

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today, so that I could get credited for my time.