Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

What is the cost of this service? If a care worker told a

What is the cost of this service?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: If a care worker told a person with learning disabilities that he was a Dr to try and reduce the number of times the person with learning disabilities tries to get himself admitted to hospital would there be any legal implications?
JA: Where is he? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: He just tells the person he is a Dr so the person thinks he is talking to a Dr and makes fewer attempts to get admitted to hospital because he thinks he is ill?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Is the employer aware of this?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am now

OK thank you, ***** ***** long has the employee in question worked there for? and what are you specifically wanting to know?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
He has worked for us for over two years and I want to know should I stop him doing this even though it seems to be of benefit to the client?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don't want to talk on the phone and when I enter my card details it say confirm order I should have a free phone call but I want to finish by text.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
That is fine I am still here.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Am I still conected?

Thank you. Even though you may believe this is to the client’s benefit, you run the risk of potential negligence or similar, in the event that something was to happen t them as a result of not seeking official medical advice. If someone is deterred from seeing a qualified doctor because they are told they are already talking to one and trust their statements on that basis, then in the event something was to happen which could have been resolved with timely medical attention, you would be liable. Depending on happens, it could potentially be a serious allegation.

There is of course the moral side to this too. It could potentially affect the care worker’s standing with their regulatory body and they may be deemed unfit to carry out such work as a result.

So I appreciate that this may appear beneficial to the client but there are also risks attached to it, depending on what happens as a result of this.

Does this answer your query?

My response to your query should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to confirm this by replying on here. Thank you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The answer is more than satisfactory thank you.

All the best