Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Guys, to cut a long story short my van went in to a citoen

Customer Question

hi guys, to cut a long story short my van went in to a citoen dealer for warranty repair on the engine , we were told the van was ready and to make an appiontment in a months time to check the work.My driver pick up the van and we continue using the van for that month.when we took it back for the check up we were told the warranty is now invald as we were not soppse to drive it.We were never told this either by phone. email or direct .well the Vans needs a new engine ,i had to rent a van for a week.then go and buy a replacement van as this has gone on for months. total for this is around £15,000 cost to me when even by there later emails they did not inform me. have i got any case against the dealer ship.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: cheers ***** *****
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: your the 1st step
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

how can I help?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

I have been asked to look at this for you.

I need the detail from beginning to end please because I’m confused where you say that you were told the van was ready and that you were presumably told to go back a month later for them to look at whatever work had been done to make sure it was still okay.

I find it absolutely bizarre that they are suggesting you should have had the van for a month and looked at it before taking it back.

However it also appears that something else has now gone wrong with the van because you say needs a new engine and that doesn’t fit in with being told the van was ready. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok i will get my wife later to fill in a full report later to you as my spelling is rubbish lol
Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

No problem. In your own time. It’s likely to be tomorrow now anyway before I am back online. Kind regards