Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

ENFIELD, MIDDLESEX, UK, I want to publish a book without

Customer Question

GOOD MORNING, HELLO....
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ENFIELD, MIDDLESEX, UK, I want to publish a book without losing my disability benefits.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: NO
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I AM RECEIVING BENEFITS, I CAN'T WORK BECAUSE MY DISABILITY...
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, THANK YOU...
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 17 days ago.

Good afternoon

Presumably you are not being employed by anyone to write the book or receiving any income for doing so.

Any income will come later as a consequence of sales and if the book is successful.

However , most disability related benefits are non taxable including income related Employment Support allowance, PIP, disability living allowance and attendance allowance.

As such, any income made is unlikely to be taxable unless they move the goalposts in the meantime.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise, please click to accept my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much Michael
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 16 days ago.

You are welcome, good luck with the book.

Please formally click "accept" on the system to accept my answer so get credit for my time.

Best regards

Michael