ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Have a question, uk, court adjourned and webchat is

have a question
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: court adjourned and webchat is proposed
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: question is to explain meaning of a sentence within the order .
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Its regarding parking charges and small claims courtthe court letter says if both defendant and claimant agree, then a remote hearing could go ahead if judge agrees because of covid.the order stipulates the claimant reply by 4pm today the state.doesnt say anything when I should reply.im worried because the order says "the parties shall liaise as to whether they agree that the trial of this matter is suitable for the determination at a remote video hearing"There is a court email there as well, but theres strict guidelines on what it is for ie. modifying the order.letter was dated 2 weeks ago. sent to my parental address who is being sheilded, so im reading it now...worried i could be sanctioned if I dont do anything. If thats the case what can I do ?I cannot contact the claimant quickly because they do not advertise an email address. They do not have a customer emial, just a generic headquarters. I woudlnt know who to speak to.So does "liase" then mean I must contact the court ???

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. This is a standard order which is presently being sent out by the court because of Covid19. I would be minded to contact the court today and indicate by 4pm whether you are happy to deal with the matter by remote video hearing - this could be zoom or Skype. Indicate to the court that you do not have the other parties details (if this is true) so thus you can not 'liaise'. You will not be criticised if this was the best you can do. I note that the order doers not say when you should respond, but I would personally be minded to do it by 4pm today. I hope this helps and please rate 5 star

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
in the end i did as you suggested and found an email in small print in the defence response so copied to them. albiet at 3pm. Will that be ok ?

That should be absolutely fine. Please rate 5 stars

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

So that I can close this question, could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
thanks

Pleasure