Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

How do I calculate Bank Holiday pay for someone who has been

How do I calculate Bank Holiday pay for someone who has been given pay rise after 28 Feb
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have only paid the Furlough of 80% of salary based on the rules for 28 Feb
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Please provide some more details of your circumstances.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What details do you require?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please cancel telephone call request

Is a bank holiday just paid at the employee’s normal rate of pay?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Ok thanks. The bank holiday pay would depend on their rate at the time they take their holidays. So if the holiday is taken after the pay rise was issued you would have to pay them on that rate. Similarly, if the bank holiday was taken before the pay rise, it would be paid at the old rate. The main thing is that if it is taken during furlough then it is not the reduced furlough amount that is used, but their regular pay, which they would have received had they not been furloughed.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I take it then that we need to pay the difference between the Furlough daily rate and their normal daily rate

Yes that is correct, only for the holiday day of course. Does this clarify things a bit more for you?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you

You are most welcome