12826847

I have received a redundancy letter whilst on furlough. I

Customer Question

I have received a redundancy letter whilst on furlough. I have been offered a settlement agreement and also told I should take legal advice. I am 66 years old and have worked part time for the last 2 years. For the previous 10 years full time. I have been offered £4500 which they inform me is £1000 extra. I work for an accountants as a receptionist for 2 days and accountancy work for the third day
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No. I need to discuss this with a lawyer
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I dont think so
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

What would you like to ask about this please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I would like to know if the settlement figure is above what they need to pay me. Why are they saying I need to take legal advice before accepting their offer?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I cant afford to spend any more money at the moment
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

OK no problem. Did you receive a new contract when you went part time?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: Did you receive a new contract when you went part time?