SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

Can a Turkish citizen holding a Power of Attorney for a UK

Customer Question

Can a Turkish citizen holding a Power of Attorney for a UK citizen represent the UK citizen at a local Turkish title deed office for the purpose of imminent residential property transaction registration despite the UK citizen being very recently deceased from Covid-19? I am fearful that any delay in the transaction could take a couple of years to resolve.
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

Unfortunately the power of attorney will no longer be valid as this can only be used if the vendor of the property was still alive. You will need to apply for probate for the deceased and apply to be an executor for the deceased's estate and this will give you power to act on behalf of the recently deceased.

You will be given a 'grant of probate' which will allow the property transaction to continue and the current turnaround time for an application is approximately 6 weeks,

I hope this helps and please do leave positive feedback. If I can assist with anything else, please do let me know.

Kind regards,

Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 3 days ago.

Hi there,

Just checking to see if you were happy with my response?

Kind regards,