How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36916
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother passed away in March and I came over to my

Customer Question

My mother passed away in March and I came over to my mother's home prior to that and and they are asking me me to move out because I can't show legal representation that I've been here for one year because of council taxes and documentations that reflect different addresses. I need to know if I have any legal rights of staying here?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Croydon and no I haven't talked to anyone yet.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've sent documentations to the council but they eill not to me an approval.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of right now.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

your mothers house is a council house?

and did she name you as passing on the tenancy?

when you say you came over - where from?

do you have a property in UK?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm a UK citizen and I left my apartment to come take care of my mother because of her illness. My mother did not put me down as part of the tenancy of her home with the council.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Wait this cost £44 to talk on the phone?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That's ok I can't pay this amount at this time. Thank you
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 days ago.

would you like to carry on online? if so please reply to me on here and i will see you are waiting - thanks