Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I took a loan from Lloyds and they close my account i dont

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my name is***** took a loan from Lloyds and they close my account i dont know what to do
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: birmingham
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: witht the bank?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can anyone help
Me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I took a loan of 50.000 £
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I withdraw 23.000
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
they close my account, nobody explains me why
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello Sir, so, i took, a loan of 50.000 from lloyds bank. A bounce loan, that help us, companies, during covid19.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They accept me
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
After i withdraw, 23.000 they block my account and say nothing
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

Did you try and withdraw it in cash?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i transfered to my orher accounts that i have with lloyds also and halifax, i payed to person, that fix my garage and they block me after. Why they gives me the loan if they blocked me, i took 23 and pay the guys, but dont have the money to finish!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

You need to write a letter to the Bank, set out your losses and request payment within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.